Adventure! adventure! WE GO ON! adventure...z, yes more than one or this would be our only adventure. Poor camera, hasn't been anywhere.
Thursday, March 3, 2011
Who I am pt. 2
Apparently not thinking about who I am is not good enough. A friend of of mine quoted plato the other day "Know thy self and be wise".....it was actually Socrates. Although I know he was just using this to help his argument it only made him look like a moron. Socrates although proclaimed as a great philosopher, is not God. He's not always right, and just because the majority loves this quote doesn't make it true. I don't think that by knowing yourself you'll get much of anywhere. Knowing what god asks of you is crucially important. I finished this conversation by laying low "maybe the reason why I don't feel the need to know myself is because I know myself too well". Complying basically, but what I said was somehow true also. I'm not lost. I don't think I'll ever be lost. i got through that stage in high school. Cooked up in my car out in the boonies pleading with God to tell me who I am. God must of looked at me with such sorrow. His own creation lost. His daughter curled up not understanding that she was made for a purpose. That he personality and way of life was on purpose. That she was made to be so diverse so that she could endure the world. Even after that I knew that I wasn't a fake. I have never looked back on my life and seen someone living a lie. I've seen me making mistakes by discovery and by misjudgment, but I have never seen someone striving to serve the world. In that car I had to accept who I was. I think that's the most important thing. Know yourself is kind of pointless. The decision making process is who you are. Your pros and cons why they are important to you and why one is a pro and the other is a con. That is your values, your morals, your personality all wrapped into one. But accepting that is a whole new set of problems. That means you have to look back and accept your weakness and your problems along with your strengths and ideas. By accepting that you can move forward and get yourself to the best possible version. I "know" who I am and I'm secure in all those aspects. With God's help I can become the best possible version of myself, which means working on my weaknesses and using them as strengths. Which I don't know about you but selfishness and pride and going to be an interesting turn around. After all that talk with my friend I went to pancakes with Amanda and Austin. I kind of ranted about that afternoon and Austin exclaimed, "Yeah! I can't believe some people, why do i have to explain to you who I am why can't I just BE who I am?" I know now I have supportive friends, at least one anyway. others have a different opinion and feel they need to 'know' themselves which is fine, you can believe that. There's no shame in saying you don't know yourselves. Know thy self and be wise. But for me I refuse to believe that you are incapable of making wise decisions if you don't know yourself. All wisdom comes from God. Honestly all you need to know is God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment